Just a quick breakdown of the patch from a WoW in an Hour perspective:
Vault of Archavon
Toravon, the latest boss to join the Vault's giants and masters of the elements, is now accepting challengers in 10- and 25-player formats.
Yay - a new loot pinata. The screenshot above is me taking it down in 10 man last night. I'll have to see next time but for you holy pallies out there whiteouts are a good time for aura mastery - particularly later in the piece as the debuff increases. I got outrolled on some PVP gear (spell power plate that paladins AND warriors can use???)... better luck for me next time? But I did get some tasty Emblems of Frost (thanks to my screen shot for confirming that) which made up for not doing the heroic daily!
- Brann Bronzebeard has been getting into shape and now feels comfortable walking faster when escorted.
- The Devourer of Souls will now cast Mirrored Souls less often.
- The Spell Reflect ability has been altered on several creatures. It now has a cast time, only has 2 charges, and has a 75% chance of reflecting spells.
- Elder Nadox now only gets one Ahn'Kahar Guardian during the encounter.
- Jadoga Shadowseeker now only ascends once during the encounter.
- Several enemies between the Befouled Terrace and The Desecrated Altar have been removed or had their pathing altered.
- Players can now zone back into the instance if they are dead while encounters with Krick and Ick or Forgemaster Garfrost are in progress.
- Skadi the Ruthless can now be removed from his drake with 3 harpoon strikes, down from 5.
- Svala Sorrowgrave now casts Ritual of the Sword 1 time during the encounter, down from 3.
- The time between a boss being defeated and a new portal opening has been decreased.
Lots of nerfs to the dungeons - which will just speed up the process and in some cases make it easier to get your Red Proto-drake from Glory of the Hero. I particularly like the Violet Hold change - with the gear level these days you can end up waiting ages for the portals to open again as it is all on a timer. Still no change to the start of the Culling of Stratholme, but that is supposedly in the works.
There have also been a few buffs to the classes (and a nerf to warrior PVP) - and the last wing of the Icecrown Citadel is open (and the Lich King has been downed already)... Lastly healing has taken a nerf in Battlegrounds, Wintergrasp or Arenas by 10% to mark the beginning of season 8 of the arena. If you want to read the full patch notes you can do so here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/